Although people think losing weight can be a big problem but many people are trying to gain weight too and even that is not an easy task. It can be hell of a task to gain weight in the right sense. People often ask ‘how to gain weight?’ from the people around them who advise to just eat more. This is not at all a good advice. You need to be technical about this too and must know how to gain weight naturally.
Everyone has their different rate of metabolism. The faster your metabolic rate is the faster does your body digest the food you have taken. So those people who eat more and still don’t get fat have a fast metabolism whereas those who have a slower metabolism grow fat even after eating comparatively less. Moreover, your body has a certain setpoint of weight where you feel comfortable. So even if you are going above the set weight or going below it your body will resist the changes by maintaining your hunger levels and metabolic rate. This means when you will start eating more calories to gain weight your body will respond by reducing your appetite and boosting your metabolic rate. Leptin, which is a weight reducing hormone mediated by our brain, is responsible for this majorly. So when you start eating more you will have to push your appetite limit. So even after feeling full and stuffed you have to carry on eating. So the key to success here is to be consistent even after it takes a long time.
How to gain weight fast:
There are several other weight gain tips to do it faster:
- Avoid drinking water before meals. This can fill your stomach and you will end up eating less making it harder to eat more in order to gain weight. Water plays a major role in digesting food faster so drinking water before a meal will help you to digest it faster or increase your metabolic rate.
- Eat more than you do usually. Eat anything extra before or after a meal or snack whenever you get time like during your office you can munch some snacks or before bed time.
- Drinking milk can help too. Drinking whole milk to quench your thirst instead of drinking water can get you more high-quality protein and calories.
- Try drinking weight gainer shakes if nothing written above is working since a long time. These shakes are very high in protein, carbs and calories which are good for weight gain.
- Use bigger plates to have your meal. It sounds funny but eating in a big plate will give you a feeling of having less food on your plate and you end up taking more and eating more. You will end up eating more calories.
- Add extra cream to your coffee. Coffee is our favourite and we drink about 3 to 4 cups everyday in office. Adding cream to it is a simple way to add more calories into it.
- Creatine is a muscle building supplement which can help you gain a few pounds to increase your muscle weight.
- Even getting a good amount of sleep can help you increase weight.
Author Bio :
Hope you are well, My name is Deepika Paul and I am a Lifestyleblogger by profession atPOPxo. I have expertise in writting blogs related to fashion and lifestyle. The content provided is of high quality and free of plagiarism.